Sunday, April 17, 2011

Dinner

Day 16 - i survived 2 socials - the first being an afternoon tea with one of my best girlfriends and her girls (Brooke's best friends also) at my house. now when i go to her house its a full on spread on the table - and i mean real yummy food. So I had to recipricate. So, nothing as elaborate as her treats but i wanted to make it reasonably healthy. I had jam donuts (for kids), spring onion dip and wholemeal crackers, grapes, fat free salsa and a huge plate of carrot, cucumber, celery strips (should have taken a photo of the veg it was pretty impressive). My friend brought a custard tart. So i made the tea and coffee, we sat down and of course talked a million miles an hour - inccluding diets! I gotta say, all i had was coffee on skim milk and veg stick and a bit of salsa - yay me!
They go and i get ready for a girlfriend's birthday dinner at her brother's restaurant. I drank 1.5 litres of water, no horderves (spelling???)scraped the sauce off the prawns, took the crispy skin off the chicken, left the potatoes and ate lots of veg. The meal was absolutely delicious. I did, however, eat a piece of cake - a beautiful classy icecream cake - gorgeous! I enjoyed it, thought it was worth it and didn't pig out - totally civilised. I will have to take a point off for my challenge - bugger! Came home and had a cuppa. I'm quite proud of myself and it wasn't a struggle.
Here's a pic of me and hubbs. Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. hors d'oeuvres ;)

    I found your blog through And Away She Goes, and I really enjoy it!!

    I too suffer from the challenge of a partner who isn't interested in fitness or health, and the day-to-day challenges of being a social person watching what she eats!

    I've been finding it very interesting how easy it usually is to just bring my own food - I still find it a challenge from inside, but my friends and family haven't minded at all!

    ReplyDelete